On your wedding day you want to be looking your most beautiful, natural, glowing best! This is always achievable with the right steps and products.
Rose was my gorgeous subject a couple of months ago for her London wedding at the stunning Athenaeum Club. Rose has been using organic skincare products for some years now and wanted her bridal makeup to be as ‘green’ as possible. She also wanted a natural bridal look, some enhancement around the eyes, clean skin with a rosy glow and a natural lip. This is what I used…
Skin: I prepped the skin with a gentle cleanse using Caudalie’s Eau Micellaire and massaged in some serum from Sanoflore. I followed with a frankincense moisturiser from Neal’s Yard. I used Inika Primer then Organic Pharmacy’s Sheer Tint in natural glow mixed with some Inika foundation. Concealers were by Inika and Maybelline. I used Dr Hauschka translucent loose powder to set and a sweep of Caudalie bronzer to give a gentle all-over warmth.
Eyes: I used Lavera liquid eyeliner in black, Benecos natural kajal in grey, followed by mineral eyeshadows from Neal’s Yard, Inika and Lavera. Mascara was by Max Factor, not organic, but the reason for this is that it has a stronger resistance to tears than the organic mascaras!
Cheeks: I used Benecos blush on the cheeks and some Lavera soft glowing highlighter crème in shining pearl.
Lips: I used Lavera pastel pink, mixed with Neobio soft rose.
Some tips for a natural bridal look is to:
- Keep everything really well blended and even.
- Keep all the colours on the same tone, either cool or warm depending on the undertones of the skin, which would be either yellow (warm) or pink (cool).
- Don’t overdo the bronzer or blusher, though you need a little more than normal to counteract the camera flash and/or bright sunlight.
- If using false lashes I would recommend using the individual, unknotted lashes by a good brand such as Ardel or Shu Uemura and a good clear glue like Duo.
- I would avoid bright eyeshadows and pencils, sticking to neutral browns, taupes, beiges, greys, dark olive will look much more subtle and natural. Enhancing one’s natural beauty rather than masking it.
- With the brows, whether you prefer pencil or powder never use black, use a cool, grey-toned brown, shade depends on the skin/hair colouring. Make sure the colour is diffused through the brow and not too linear.
- Green, organic makeup products are perfect for natural bridal looks as they have lots of soft, natural colours and nowadays their staying power is improving all the time. If you need to use some non-organic products, mascara and the exact colour-matched concealer might be needed.
Of course these makeup tips also apply to everyday makeup looks too! If you want some organic makeup brand names click here.
Did you try any organic makeup brands for your wedding day? What organic products do you like?
*Photos courtesy of Grace Pham Photography